Smudging is a cleansing ritual that involves burning of sacred herbs or wood to release negative energy and invite positivity into your space. It has been a long tradition for many cultures and embraced by modern society for its purifying benefits.
Our preferred smudge sticks are White Sage (Salvia Apiana) and Palo Santo (Bursera Graveolens). White Sage is native to California, its scent is revered for its ability to purify, protect and elevate space. Whilst the Palo Santo is commonly sourced from South America, it has an aromatic, calming and relaxing aroma.
Known use and benefits:
- remove bad energy from past experiences
- fill space with positive vibes and let go of negative thoughts
- create an environment for meditation
- cleanse any objects - ideal for second hand items
- lift up your spirit and improve your frame of mind
- reduce anxiety and enhance quality of sleep
Our go to cleansing process involves combining the use of crystals, White Sage and Palo Santo.
1. Choose a crystal inline with your intention and position it in the space you intend to cleanse.
2. Take a moment to set your intention.
3. Light a candle - we like to use scented candles to enhance the smoking experience
4. Use the flame to light your smudge stick.
5. Walk into the smoke a few times to cleanse yourself then move the smudge stick around your space or object.
6. Use a feather in your other hand to guide the smoke around the space.
7. Place the smudge stick in the in a fireproof dish or Abalone Shell to burn out.
8. Finally, close your smudging ritual with a Palo Santo - Repeating the process from step 4, this will leave you with a pleasant woody scent with hints of lemon and mint.
- Practice Mindfulness whilst clearing the space.