Palo Santo (Bursera Graveolens) has a long history of use by the native people of South America as an essential tool in sacred shamanic rituals for its energetic cleansing and medicinal healing properties.
Palo Santo, also known as 'Holy Wood' has an aromatic, woody scent hinting of lemon and mint, along with the ability to bring peace, calm and clarity to a situation or place.
Source: Ethically by local Ecuadorians from naturally fallen branches which have been allowed to mature for 5 - 20 years to allow the healing oils to infuse their life force & medicinal properties into this sacred wood
Size: 10x1cm approx.
White Sage is a plant whose scent is revered for its ability to purify, protect and elevate space. Its Latin name is Salvia Apiana, translates to 'healing plant' It is widely used by Native Americans for its healing purpose.
Source: Sustainably harvested from Southern California
Size: 15cm approx.
Use these smudge sticks to either to clear a space of negative or unwanted energies; for meditation; or for cleansing your crystals.
Smudging Instructions Palo Santo & White Sage
1. Position your crystals in the space you intend to cleanse.
2. Take a moment to set your intention.
3. Light a candle and use the flame to light your smudge stick, otherwise directly light the smudge stick using a lighter. Once the flame appears then blow out until it's just smoke and embers. (Note: Palo Santo – recommended to burn one stick at a time.)
4. Walk into the smoke a few times to cleanse yourself then move the smudge stick around your space, pay extra attention to gateway areas like windows, doorways, hallways and closets. You may use the feather in your other hand to guide the smoke around the space.
5. Place the smudge stick in a fireproof dish or Abalone Shell to burn out.
- Practice Mindfulness whilst clearing the space.
- You may need to relight the smudge stick a few times during the process.